As a member of SHAP, you receive valuable educational information you can apply to your fruit enterprise, and you have many opportunities to cooperate with other growers to support the sustainability of our horticultural industry.
Pennsylvania Fruit News publication:
- Current research updates
- Legislative updates
- Industry information
- President’s message
- Editor’s views
- Annual Convention information
- Works closely with Penn State Cooperative Extension and Agricultural Experiment stations and other institutions in the Mid-Atlantic region.
- Research efforts are supported by the SHAP Endowment Fund.
- Apple research check-off program supported by growers, processors and packers/shippers.
- Outstanding educational sessions in cooperation with Pennsylvania State University.
- Trade show with over 150 equipment and industry exhibits.
- Industry and trade networking opportunities.
- Opportunity to earn pesticide license credits.
Tours for Young Growers:
- Learn effective growing practices firsthand!
- Regional, national, and international tours.
AND MUCH MORE!!!